Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default DVD drawer will not open

"RogerR" wrote in message
Was hoping it would be fatal but a belt is slipping, the little belt that
drives the tray in and out. If I give the belt driven gear a nudge it
performs.

Now I am challenged to fix it.
So where do I find a replacement belt for this Toshiba SD6100 DVD Player
(stand alone DVD player with HDMI out)?

It is part of my entertainment center.

Short term solution - if the belt has not lost tension from the rubber
starting to turn to goo, just clean the belt and the pulley drive surface,
including the small pulley on the motor itself. Ought to get it going for a
while. You can use a cotton swab and alcohol to clean.

Mark Z.