Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default DVD drawer will not open

On 4/26/2015 6:46 PM, RogerR wrote:
Was hoping it would be fatal but a belt is slipping, the little belt
that drives the tray in and out. If I give the belt driven gear a nudge
it performs.

Now I am challenged to fix it.
So where do I find a replacement belt for this Toshiba SD6100 DVD Player
(stand alone DVD player with HDMI out)?

It is part of my entertainment center.

maybe an O-ring?
There's stuff we used to put on record player turntable belts
to stop slipping. Dunno what's in it.

Does it make any difference whether there's an installed DVD?
There was a series of drives that used a magnet to clamp the
DVD. Wasn't enough torque to disengage the magnet unless there
was a disk installed. I've messed with them for days and never
got satisfactory results.