Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default automower cable fault detection

Leif Neland formulerede spørgsmålet:
The perimeter loop cable around my lawn for my automower is broken.

I have a cable fault detector with a tone generator and a "pen" receiver,
which can trace along the cable, but it doesn't work when the single wire
goes under ground or concrete.

I wonder if a network/telephone cable tester can work on a single wire
underground.

I'm looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-N...r/181692076054

After all, a single wire in the ground should look a little like a coaxial
cable?

Just for the record: It does not work.

But apperently, the manual says it only shows if a coax or phone cable
is open or shorted, not the length, so it couldn't find the length of
bu broken underground wire.

On the other hand, it does work as specified: It has shown a fault in a
ethernet cable.

Leif

--
https://www.paradiss.dk