Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default NON-Pioneer Amp

I pulled off the covers from the outputs and they say

10N16
Exicon

Looking it up I Find these are those funkyfets I guess. No source resistors..

From drain to source on one bank I get a nubdred and some ohms. the other pone alot less, but for some rteason it is fluctuating. the board is completely unplugged from the power supply and thus most tiings that would have to charge up. I am on the 200 ohm scale on a Fluke 8050A on relative so the leads are nulled out. (they measured like 0.16 ohms and are solid)

Electrotanya probably has the print for this ****en thing if I had the model number.

Anyway, the number might have been 16N10 or 10N16, doesn't really matter, they both come back to TO-3 parts. These are flat plastic. I am not sure if they are full plastic because I have not ripped them off the heatsink yet. But they are definitely not TO-3. In fact they couldn't even be considered TO-3Ps because of the pins.

This :

http://www.exicon.info/PDFs/EC-10N16...C-10P16-20.pdf

Indicates the 10N16 would be 160 volts. This amp definitely has 80 volt rails when not driven. That seems to me to be too close to the limit. Just my pinion here, and common sense.

But then you said it was a piece of ****. Maybe you were right.