Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can a TV camera be blinded by IR?

There are some technicalities here. This guy is in a tricky spot. If he wants to do repairs there are certain things he has to do because there is no Constitution. First of all he made a mistake going into any business with the government on any level but that is beside the point, just worth noting.

If he does an inspection, due to all the regulations connected with that, it is most likely that he would have to do any repairs either outside of the area used for the inspections or during hours the area is not used for inspections. Under thoise conditions he is not operating in commerce (even if he charges) and they probably won't do anything, mainly because under those condituions he woud have a valid defense. They don't like to lose so if they got a good chance of losing they do nothing.

However, the city could have been a prick when issuing the permit stating that no part of the parcel of property can be used for auto repairs. If he signed anything like that he is contractually obligated. At that point he has to weigh just what the certification for inspections is worth. I have known backyard mechanics who made two grand a week under the table.

I would imagine that the ban in repairs by an inspection facility is ostensibly to prevent abuse by the inspectors. they could bull**** the customer and say this is wrong and that is wrong and rake them over the coals with the repair bill, them believing the repairs were mandatory.

Here's a good kicker - if he takes deductions on his taxes for upkeep and property taxes for the inspection station, that is only a portion of his total property. As such ONLY the area used for that particular activity is undert those regulations. If he wants to do repairs he should build a second garage fro that. then they got noting to say.

There have been laws in places stating that you are not allowed to work on cars on residential property but none of them hold water. Ironically Detroit, Michican had such an ordinance but it is as dead as the death penalty for auto theft. (Chicago a long time ago)

At this point I am curious as to the geographical location of this. Some states are different than others. And in so many ways. To get really specific you have to get into exactly what that permit saysthe zoning, even the state constitution,

Law is a pain in the ass. I've dealt with altogether to much of it in my life and at this point I am done. Seriously, I will not sign anything. In fact I work for cash. I am done dealing with those ****s, because let's face it, this prick neighbor is enabled by "law" to harrass sonmeone tryong to make a goddam living. And that's what they do, and he is one of theoir little spies who doesn't realize they are the type destroying this country, thinking everything needs to be approved n ****. **** all that, and one day, when I snap, gime this guy's address. If I pull a Thelma and Louise I'll stop by and have a shoirt talk with the guy.

Just like the asshole in Independence, Ohioo whgo called on a neighbor for having a jetski in the driveway. the cops should have laughged their asses off, but nope.

And it is all a money game. Watch and see if the **** hits the fan for your buddy. I BET YOU MY LEFT NUT that he could be allowed to do repairs if he paid more fees.