Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Pro Amp With No Model Number, Anyone Ever See One OfThese ?

"** That is a USA made amplifier - not Pioneer.

FYI: Asian electronic gear has metric thread bolts and I but that POS has Yankee ones. "

How could you tell that from the picures ? those aren't even the hi res ones. (not that they're all that good)

"If the middle pin on a large flyt pak is not a collector, then the devices are lateral Mosfets."

Never heard of them befroe but oww tht I had a look around the net I se that possible. they said the bias rquirements are similar to bipolar, I assume that means voltage ? I mean, if you have to drive it with current then youo are back where you started. Regardless I did nmeasure about the same voltage on two adjacent pins and a far awy voltage on the other end in all cases. I found the coil whee it comes out and it has no offsaet. The relays are separate fro each channels and I hear them both click in. There is no heavy drain. ust a surge when it comes on. It is pretty hard for it to be anythoing but someting in the signal path rather than the power amps themselves.

I might just have to figure it out myself. But now I am even more adamant about not breaking the seals on those outputs. If I have to pull that channel I will get them but other than that **** it. The other channel I am leaving alone of course.

I am almost intereted in seeng the actual curves n **** on these lateral FETs. I doubt I'll ever use one purposely in a circuit, but it is nice to know. Like when you read a Tektronix manual and it explains all about tunnel diodes and unijunction transistors. Actually worht the read but, once.