Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Pro Amp With No Model Number, Anyone Ever See One Of These ?

One wierd thing about this one also is that from the voltage readings on the good (in fact both) channels, it uses bipolars but with the base or emitter in the middle. You can see the construction there, they mirrored it but flipped one side upside down. However input and all that are on one side. Why the hell didn't they just mirror it the other way ?

Anyway, I doubt it needs outputs from the readings, but it seems the outputs have the base (or maybe the emitter) in the middle, not the collector. And they are all the same polarity. I can't see the numbers and I am not taking that part of it apart unless necessary. But on one side they got like -100V on two pins and 0 on the other. On the other ones they got +100V on one pin but 0 on the other two. The difference is that the other is on the end instead of the middle.

Anyway, here are some pictures (higher res available on request) :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi01.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi02.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi03.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi04.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi05.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi06.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../piox/pi07.jpg

It may be a little hard to see in those pictures but it is a two sided board which makes any reverse engineeering alot harder. If I could just find a print it would help.

I got no output on the right channel, or B or whatever. It is not in protection. The readings look the same as the other channel.

Any idea what it is ? Any help is appreciated. If not I gotta tear into it blind because you really can't get to much. Anything, even the model number might help. I doubt any idiot ripped the numbers off because it was hot because the serial number is still there.