Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Repair dent in aluminum MacBook laptop?

On Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:33:40 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

fired this volley in
:

On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 22:19:07 -0700, mike wrote:

I have an old MacBook aluminum laptop that got dropped on a corner.
I'd like to beat the dent out of it so the lid will close properly.
It's some kind of drawn aluminum can...I think...
Model number suggests it's not the titanium model.

There is a mantra for repairing old MacBooks that reads a bit like the
classic recipe for cooking Tofu:

1) Throw the Tofu in the garbage
2) Buy some meat.

Much the same treatment works well for MacBooks.

+1

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt