Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] walter_evening@post.com is offline

Default Small eye bolts - M4

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 12:13:40 AM UTC-4, just_me wrote:
On 30-May-15 6:22 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:00:32 +0800, just_me wrote:

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stai...-bolts-m4.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been that route. A few seem
promising but following them through I end up a hard to
understand contact for a Chinese factory with a minimum buy
of 10,000. I wonder if some only set up to manufacture when
the actually get an order.

That or sell the contract once its signed to someone that they know of whose cheaper, reserving just the paperwork for themselves. It all depends upon the contract.

Last night, I heard on NPR's "Marketplace" (American Public Media) presidential interview that business in China plays by different rules, so that is supposed to justify the TPP support against the wishes of big labor.