Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
just_me[_2_] just_me[_2_] is offline

Default Small eye bolts - M4

On 02-Jun-15 7:35 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jun 2015 12:09:59 +0800, just_me wrote:

On 30-May-15 11:15 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article , just_me
wrote:

On 30-May-15 6:22 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:00:32 +0800, just_me wrote:

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stai...-bolts-m4.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been that route. A few seem promising
but following them through I end up a hard to understand contact for a
Chinese factory with a minimum buy of 10,000. I wonder if some only set
up to manufacture when the actually get an order.

Could be. Screwmakers usually have a 10,000 item minimum, because
setting a screw machine up takes some effort, and isn't worth it for
ten screws.

It may be cheaper to make a few screws manually, in a machine shop.

What problem are you trying to solve? There may be alternatives.

Better question is what it costs for each possible path.

Joe Gwinn

We probably need two thousand or so over a few years. Probably a few to
many to viably hand make and have them look presentable.

http://www.avonstainlessfasteners.co...nless-steel-a2
or
http://tinyurl.com/osgqg79

for more choices.