Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I like big Butts!

On Mon, 01 Jun 2015 23:13:17 -0700, Delvin Benet wrote:

On 6/1/2015 10:15 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
just_me wrote:

I'll grab some beef in next weeks groceries and give your recipe a
try. Do you usually serve with some sort of gravy or just rely on the
rub?

Umm , I usually do (and just did) pork , though the rub is also good on
briskets . The way it (pork shoulder/butt ) is served here is on a bun with
some not much , usually BBQ sauce and a small dollop of cole slaw . Most
of the sauces we use are based on tomato sauce with a dash of vinegar and
some sugar and spices . Common side dishes are baked beans , fried okra ,
potato salad , and often french fries .
Properly cooked , a shoulder or brisket should be fork-tender . I
sometimes use a plastic fork to pull the meat , just amazes people ! Just
bear in mind , low-n-slow . I allow a minimum of 1.5 hours/pound at 185°F .

Pork is the barbecue meat. Period. Anything else is grilling.
Grilling is fine, but it ain't barbecue.

Elitist pig! ;^) Anything which can be smoked and charred on the
outside and left tender inside is Q, period.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt