Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Small eye bolts - M4

In article , just_me
wrote:

On 30-May-15 6:22 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:00:32 +0800, just_me wrote:

Trying to track down a source of small stainless steel eye bolts for use
in a product.

I need M4 and cannot locate anything below M5.

Something like this:

http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/parts/welded_eye_bolt_a.jpg

I've tried all the hardware sellers and marine chandlers I can think of.
We've even looked at different fixed rod end style fittings but nothing
seems to be made in M4.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/stai...-bolts-m4.html

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been that route. A few seem promising
but following them through I end up a hard to understand contact for a
Chinese factory with a minimum buy of 10,000. I wonder if some only set
up to manufacture when the actually get an order.

Could be. Screwmakers usually have a 10,000 item minimum, because
setting a screw machine up takes some effort, and isn't worth it for
ten screws.

It may be cheaper to make a few screws manually, in a machine shop.

What problem are you trying to solve? There may be alternatives.

Better question is what it costs for each possible path.

Joe Gwinn