Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Repair Lincoln Idealarc

On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:24:37 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

snip
A need AC TIG and soon. Got a stack of irrigation pipes in need of
repair. A welder would be cheap and easy to find if I didn't need both
high power stick and AC TIG

I would get one of the inverter TIG machines that would do the aluminum
work needed and watch for an old Miller DialArc AC/DC to turn up used.
The two machines would back each other up for stick welding at least...

I'd love to have an inverter TIG to play with but I don't really NEED
one at this point in time. They cost a bit too much and I think they
have a lot of electronic stuff inside that could crap out just sitting
around unused... My old Solar (Century, Wards...) 295 amp stick box
hasn't got much inside that can fail. And my Millermatic 200 MIG
hasn't got a lot of electronic stuff but more than the Solar. It fires
up though every time I ask it too even though it pretty much sits
around nowadays.

You might be able to use a MIG Gun for your aluminum repair. Can't
remember if you got a MIG machine or not. It's nice having
backups/choices when one of them acts up...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b