Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Repair Lincoln Idealarc

On Tue, 26 May 2015 05:41:47 -0500
Karl Townsend wrote:

snip
I'm going to have to take the unit in for repair GULP I had no idea
how expensive new welders that will do TIG and 300 amp are. My worry,
and I've seen this happen, I get a call a few days later saying sorry
can't fix your machine, the bill is $1000. BUT if you buy our new box
for too much $ we'll forget about the repair bill.

If you want to go new and cheap you might want to consider Everlast:

http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-Power...dp/B0081BEULK/

Make sure you read through the reviews first. Some people have had
problems and of course some people seem to be pretty happy with it...

Welding Tips And Tricks.com has some info too:

http://www.everlastgenerators.com/fo...verlast-250-EX

You can get some idea of new prices by searching on Amazon. Like:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ler+tig+welder

It looks like the Miller Dynasty 200 DX is going for $4275.

The old Miller DialArc was a hell of a welder. It could be configured
with HF AC/DC Tig. Weighs a ton but you may find a used one for sale in
your area. Came in several different amperages, sometimes only AC/DC
and no Tig so be careful when shopping.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b