Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend[_7_] Karl Townsend[_7_] is offline

Default Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Have you used this machine since the lightning strike last summer and
it worked okay?

You probably don't unplug it and some of the electronics in it could
easily be damaged by a good lightning hit. I remember you telling about
the lightning hit and several items it messed up. Don't remember if you
turned any of it in on your insurance though, which is why I'm
mentioning it.

actually, I have to unplug it. There's a serious humm when turned off
and plugged in.

I'm going to have to take the unit in for repair GULP I had no idea
how expensive new welders that will do TIG and 300 amp are. My worry,
and I've seen this happen, I get a call a few days later saying sorry
can't fix your machine, the bill is $1000. BUT if you buy our new box
for too much $ we'll forget about the repair bill.

Karl