Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] philprc@aol.com is offline

Default Dalton Lathes

I recently obtained a Dalton lathe. It is in realitive excelent condition. I am trying to identify it as to the age and model. It apears to be a 3 1/2" by about 11"to 12" center to center bed. It looks very much like the 1918 B2 from California that I have seen on the web. On the gear change cover it list the type as Type "B" and made in New York. There is no identifing name on the side of the Bed, The both feet have Dalton made in New York cast into them also in the carage front. there is a small name plate on the front side of the gear cover about 2" by 2" with what apears to be paten information on it it is very hard to read cant tell if it has a serial no. As I said before the machine is in excelent condition and apears to be all original. I know where it has bee for the past 20 or so years. It was used by a friend of mine for a few years prior to that. Phil, Vicksburg MS.