Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adjusting Lathe Chuck Jaws faster on my atlas lathe

wrote in message

"What do you know about Roman blacksmithing? "
Can you be more specific with your question? I know several guys who
can supply lot more detail. I do a fair amount of "traditional"
blacksmithing. That means, to me, that I mostly make stuff that people
would have used around 1870 and before. Many of those items wouldn't
have changed a lot from what a Roman blacksmith would have been asked
to produce.
Pete Stanaitis

Specifically, files and hacksaw blades, also how old the leg vise
design is.

These are Viking:
http://netlabs.net/~osan/Mastermyr/ImageLib.html

Can you tell that these are from the 3rd or 4th century BC?
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dispater/celtictools.htm

-jsw