Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Adjusting Lathe Chuck Jaws faster on my atlas lathe

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 7:09:25 AM UTC-5, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
John B. Slocomb fired this volley in
:

and for a
four jawed chuck, as the guy shows using a power drive,

One gets the impression that the particular machinist in that
article had nothing worthwhile to offer the community, so he documented an abusive
technique he never really thought out.

Yeah, I guess everyone wants to portray journalists who collect information for reporting in trade manuals like this and others as somehow either too detached, crazy, ignorant, corrupt or biased or even worse.

But notice how difficult it would be to be crazy AND corrupt AND biased AND all of that that everyone says and even worse than all that all at the same time? That's how you know that the journalist is neither one of them. So you should believe the report.