Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. slocomb John B. slocomb is offline

Default Adjusting Lathe Chuck Jaws faster on my atlas lathe

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:08:54 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Here are a few simple, quick-to-implement ways to adjust lathe jaws faster:
http://www.spaco.org/MachineShop/Mov...JawsFaster.htm

Probably not new to a lot of you, but new to me.

Pete Stanaitis

The question arises, how much does one adjust chuck jaws? I don't
believe it is a significant portion of the machining time. and for a
four jawed chuck, as the guy shows using a power drive, my experience
has been that the majority of the time was spent getting rid of the
last few thousands of runout.
--
Cheers,

John B.