Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sylliaads@gmail.com is offline

Default Kenmore 417 front loader washer: There should be class actionsuit on this machine!

My model 418.431xxxxx spider assy failed. Can only repair by replacing entire drum assy. Item 16 in the installation manual and parts list. Roughly $350. You can buy just the spider.

According to page 2 of the sears guide that came with washer states unlimited lifetime warranty on the steel basket drum.. Which is according sears documentation is one unit.

I going to sears warranty to force the issue for and entire assy or sell me the spider itself. Can purchase spider in UK with warning its not intended for USA models. Garbage protection I bet to keep prices up here.

Wish me luck.