biscuit

Default Choice of garage heater

Invest in an infrared heater, much more efficient and safer..

"Terry" wrote in message
PoP wrote:

I'm in the market for getting a decent heater for my garage, which
isn't particularly well insulated - that's a separate issue. For now I
just want to know which type of heater I should be considering to keep
me warm if I'm doing some odd jobs in the garage.

We use an old (30+ years etc.) 230 volt 3.5 kilowatt blower
heater in our approx. 12 x 17 foot garage, attached but not
insulated, garage. The heater is permanently screwed to wall
about 5 feet up to get it off the floor and out of the way . It
hinges up and down to some extent on its mounting but not
sideways. It is 'adequate' when it is not too cold. We have a
second, identical one, normally mounted on the the ceiling of our
basement workshop, which we can plug in and stand on the floor
directed towards the work area. Neither heater glows red or seems
in any way to get hot enough to cause combustion. The heaters are
equipped with an 'overheat' switch which is a bit remarkable for
such old units. We use them with care of course; in the event of
say the most volatile, a petrol/gasoline, spill the garage door
is immediately opened for ventilation and personal safety.
Terry.