Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I hate plumbing repairs part II and don't get married

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:04:05 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/23/2014 8:45 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Martin Eastburn wrote in news:hq6mw.427817$O76.426475
@fx15.iad:

Keep egg shells out of most [disposers]. The thin shell jams the spinning cutter.

Nonsense. Running egg shells down a garbage disposer is one of the classic methods of
cleaning them (the others being coffee grounds, ice cubes, and orange peels).

An eggshell is far too fragile to jam a disposer.

Unless you're dumping ostrich eggs in your disposer, maybe...

You are correct that it won't jam the disposal, but too much can clog
the drain. We just put the coffee grounds on the compost pile or in the
trash, same with egg shells.

Whatever you put down the disposal requires copious amounts of water
to flush it down the pipe.