Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Kenwood TM-281A Adjustment Mode

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:31:15 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:52:06 -0400, wrote:

I am aware of a ham-radio NG. Unfortunately due to extremely low
activity, I am posting this message here.

Does anyone know the procedure to access the adjustment mode
menu on my Kenwood 2M TM-281A transceiver? This is the menu
that allows you to adjust the power lever, deviation, etc.

There's very little available for the TM-281a because the TM-271a is
almost identical, except for a difference of 5 watts in Pout. Why
Kenwood would need two almost identical models is an open question
that was discussed in the Yahoo Kenwood group in the past.

For adjustment mode, see instructions at:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pdfs/tm-271a-adjustments.pdf
Good luck.

Hi Jeff,

Although I downloaded the SM for the TM271A, I decided to use the
link you provided. By golly, this is a different procedure than what I found
in the SM!

I will give that a try in a day or two after I finish some other
projects I am working on.

Again, Thanks, John N3AOF