Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] rayhallri@gmail.com is offline

Default Nichols lathe for sale

On Thursday, July 26, 2001 10:10:58 AM UTC-4, Elvie Jackson wrote:
I have my Nichols lathe up for sale. If you know any one who is looking
for
a lathe that can turn 44" in diameter feel free to give them my number.
It
has a slip L bed that is about 8 ft long(26" over the bed and 44" over
the
gap). The gap is adjustible to about 35". There are extras to go with
the
lathe. Asking price 6500 dollars.

Thanks,
Elvie F. Jackson
919-832-5212

E-mail

Elvie, My name is Julie Hall and I am trying to sell my recently deceased husband's Custom Nichols Lathe that he purchased in December of 2000. I have some interest and have no idea what to ask for a price. He only used it for 4 years. Although he was ill, he couldn't bring himself to sell it. It has a 3HP motor,torque arresting tool rest, vacuum system and "S" shaped tool rest. I really know nothing about lathes. He paid $9265.80 not including shipping. Can you help me come up with a fair price?