Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:35:04 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
Saw none of that ... go figure!

And here's another of his replies (to SonomoProducts), where he mentions the can's lid.

"Oil based, satin. It's a quart can.
Now that I think about it, while I stirred the can to mix the bottom layer
for a while I looked at the lid and noticed it had the white soapy color, so
then I touched the white with the foam brush first to see what it would do.
Some of the white was already soaked in the brush when I dipped it in the
main can.

I ended up sanding the white off and trying something else. Now I'll take
more time mixing, I didn't know that the sheen killers were white pigment."

No telling what all may have been going on with his finishing, including a comparison to his previous project. The posts didn't give us enough info or was vague, to me, to some degree, hence all my assuming. I may not have had access to all the posts, also, as with your not seeing the posts I saw.

Anyway, my idea of relevance, for any finishing, should include paying attention to possible differing temps for wood, work place, poly, etc., to prevent possible condensation problems.

Sonny