Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On 6/2/2014 7:21 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

I have used two separate cans, satin and semi-gloss, almost every day
this past week of this exact product, making stain samples for color
decisions for a client, and have not had a problem.

Call Min-Wax.

FWIW, I do not sand or scuff in between coats with this product and
have yet to have a problem.

So now you've peaked my curiosity Karl. How long do you typically wait
between coats?

For this product, I apply a thin coat and re-coat in _no more_ than two
hours, per manufacturer's specific instructions, normally 20 to 30 minutes.

I'm one of those who hates finishing so much that I actually, and
religiously, follow the manufacturer's directions to a "T".

To paraphrase their directions for recoating with this product: "if you
wait more than two hours to re-coat, you must then wait 72 hours, then
sand/scuff before re-coating."

Don't have that much time to waste ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com