Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

Morgans wrote:
"dpb" wrote

Here, just in passing, as Michael notes in his response, there is
something of interest. My experience w/ the Minwax fast dry and
blended poly's is I won't touch 'em going forward.

No doubt.

My experience suggest that the clear was put over something like
stain that was not completely outgassed, or the clear was put on or
allowed to dry in a high humidity environment.

That's a common problem with lacquers, but no so common with poly.

--

-Mike-