Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

dpb wrote:

I've used the traditional Minwax oil stains and rubbing oil products
with great success for 30+ yr as well as their early conventional
poly's (altho I don't use poly much at all) and recommend them
highly. The newer "labor saving" products I think are misguided and
not worth bringing home.

That seems to be true. It's hard to believe that anything that is
formulated to be fast drying, can at the same time, have a long shelf life -
unless it's a catalyzed finish. Something has to give and once you
introduce air into the can, the product is going to start doing exactly what
it was designed to do.

--

-Mike-