Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On 4/27/2014 9:05 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/27/2014 5:43 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Morgans wrote:
"Mike wrote in message
On Friday, February 13, 2009 12:00:36 PM UTC-6, bw wrote:

I wonder if the OP figured out the problem sometime in the last 5
years?

Geeze - I never notice these date stamps.

Recently in particular, if one sees a thread appear in your newsreader
already bearing the you can almost bet it's an ancient one that came
to life from google...

I've come to just ignore 'em entirely unless/until somebody makes a new
comment that interests.

Here, just in passing, as Michael notes in his response, there is
something of interest. My experience w/ the Minwax fast dry and blended
poly's is I won't touch 'em going forward.

I've used the traditional Minwax oil stains and rubbing oil products
with great success for 30+ yr as well as their early conventional poly's
(altho I don't use poly much at all) and recommend them highly. The
newer "labor saving" products I think are misguided and not worth
bringing home.

$0.02, imo, ymmv, etc., etc., etc., ...

--

My biggest clue is if the OP of the RE thread is not recognized.