Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default "GENERAL Wood Lathe

wrote:
I have been using a General 260 for 15 years and find it to be very good.
But, in the last few months have had problem with it losing power and
stalling out. I end up taking lighter cuts to avoid stalling it. The
belts seem ok, and I cleaned them, not sure why its losing power? Any
ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris Boerner

Something to consider, while the belts seem OK, they may still be slipping.
Can you determine if the motor too is stalling?

Is the head stock taper clean and not spinning?

Start with observing the motor to make sure it is not stalling, if not do
the same for the belts, if not you should probably clean the taper.