Rick Hughes

Default OT? Help with detering cats

I found my Rottweiler dogs pretty good deterrent
"Gnube" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:26:50 +0100, "Adam" ]
wrote:

How can I deter the local cats from using my garden as a toilet? I've

bought
pepper, proprietary repellents and even tried putting the hose on them

but
they keep coming back. In the hot weather the smell was awful! Short of
buying an airgun I'm out of ideas. Any help appreciated!

Adam

Try searching "trebuchet" on google - construct as required.

I want to find plans/details of the "spring guns" as allowed in the
laws of this land with a view to a "non fatal" adaptation - I
understand the wording allows for the setting of "spring guns" and
"man traps" after sundown by a property owner as a legitimate
deterrent to any (but not specified) intruder. I can't currently be
sure which type they meant in that wording as there are a fair few
types and they do vary rather a lot on the odd time when I've seen
anything on them - not looked in quite a while actually, so I may go
have a browse to see it things are any clearer now!

Failing this, there' always the old "drainpipe" wheeze, sure sorts the
problem, but not all that nice, certainly not for the cat anyway!

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}