Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ever had a bad day ... ?

N_Cook wrote:
On 22/03/2014 01:31, Arfa Daily wrote:
And the week had been going so well ...

POS Numark dual CD DJ deck. All working, except only one channel on the
Aux input. Opened it up and the top (large) board is connected to the
bottom (large) board by two white flexis. At one end, they are in the
typical 'Panasonic-style' ZIF connector with a white body and brown
latch. At the other end, they are in a non-latched white push-in
connector. And of course, they are just slightly too short to allow the
two case halves with their boards, to open apart enough to sensibly take
readings. So one of the flexis pops out of its push-in connector. So I
switch off and plug it back in, and guess what ?

Now, the hateful piece of garbage just sits there with both displays
saying "BOOT NUMARK".

I can't help but think that it is inviting me to boot it down the road
to the nearest garbage dump ... :-(

Arfa

Before reinsertion of any non_ZIF socketted foil type ribbons I always
wrap some cloth reinforced tape around the end to avoid the ribbon
bending at the weak point. I wonder if the assemblers have a special
pair of parallel jaw long nose pliers for reliable insertions.

children have small hands.