Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Interesting Band Saw sharpening video.. Brand new blade is dullcompared to sharpened blade

On 3/22/2014 11:41 AM, Leon wrote:

Nice.. But I don't think I need that... Would be nice, but no room.
I would think if I did milling, it would be a no brainer.

Agreed. Unless you were sawing several hours every day these type mills
would not be cost efficient, probably.

The guy grinding from the back side was only putting a temporary sharp,
almost microscopic, point on the extreme end of the cutting surface.
None of the rest of the cutting surface of the hook was being sharpened.

True but apparently you don't need all that much. The results he's
produced (before and after) were pretty damn dramatic. Almost 4X faster
cut.

The extreme end is, pretty much, THE cutting surface. Everything else
is clearing the chips.