Old March 22nd 14, 06:25 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default DVD dies

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 00:12:54 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

*+-It's really easy to clean the lens, so once you get access to the lens
*+-(which may sometimes be an issue), it's worth the effort since for most
*+-people, that's the limit of what they can do. I even found a nice DVD
*+-player (with HDMI output) a couple of years ago, finding it on top of a
*+-pile of garbage, the cover off, the cover to the lense unscrewed. Someone
*+-seemed to be trying to clean it, and then gave up. I cleaned it, and it
*+-was fine.

Hm.. thanks.. I take it the lense like thing that almost touches the disk
isn't the lense you mean?

Actually it very likely is. Focusing to the few micron level means small
size and distances.

?-)