Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ohm meter battery

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:27:08 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd
wrote:

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:44:20 AM UTC-7, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"John Robertson" wrote in message

Actually considering that the battery leaks an alkaline, I can only imagine
that using additional alkaline will only make matters worse.

He's trying to unstick the battery. You want something that will dissolve an
alkalai -- another alkali.

I'm not sure that's relevant: the alkali (usually potassium hydroxide) will have
corroded the aluminum, and you cannot dissolve the corrosion!

There's a few options for removing batteries in this situation, including
lathe-and-boring-tool, but I'd trash the flashlight.

Lye will dissolve the corrosion. Too bad it will dissolve the
flashlight too.
Eric

---