Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default ohm meter battery

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:17:47 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I suppose that I can use the chassis with an insulator as a heat sink if I
determine that the device doesn't have to dissipate that much extra current. Lenny

Devices don't dissipate current. They dissipate power. In the case
of an ohm meter, measurements are usually short term so when averaged
over a longer period of time, there isn't much power to dissipate via
heat sinks or whatever. I have never heard anyone discuss damage to a
meter caused by high currents when measuring low resistances.

Pat