Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dirty connector update-more info

wrote:

It seems like there is a heat problem and some sort of removal and
replace problem too. When the machine is run with the cabinet closed
it alarms out faster than when it is run with the cabinet open. I have
been so busy running the machine and working around this problem that
I may be wrong about removing and replacing. Today I'm a little less
busy and I'm going to try a couple experiments.

You might be able to isolate the fault with freeze-mist or maybe
a jet of compressed air, one chip at a time. Of course, if you
could get enough technical info to know which input on the board
is the oil or air sensor (maybe you can glean this info by
tracing wires on the machine that does have these sensors) then you
can just replace all chips in the signal path through the board.

Ahh, for the days of Allen-Bradley when you got a 3" thick circuit
diagrams manual and a 1" thick theory manual with each CNC control.

Jon