Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default DVD dies

*+-It's really easy to clean the lens, so once you get access to the lens
*+-(which may sometimes be an issue), it's worth the effort since for most
*+-people, that's the limit of what they can do. I even found a nice DVD
*+-player (with HDMI output) a couple of years ago, finding it on top of a
*+-pile of garbage, the cover off, the cover to the lense unscrewed. Someone
*+-seemed to be trying to clean it, and then gave up. I cleaned it, and it
*+-was fine.

Hm.. thanks.. I take it the lense like thing that almost touches the disk
isn't the lense you mean?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm