Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Highly Shielded Audio Cable

"RobertMacy" wrote in message newsp.xcl6jxtm2cx0wh@ajm...

Best way,...balanced pair, shielded. And I MEAN balanced over
the WHOLE spectrum! DC to GHz, 10GHz if you can do it. That
includes termination circuitry, Tx/Rx, and high quality cabling
with very symmetrical conductor placement and spacings within
that cable. That is, if you're goal is 120 dBV, or better 140dBV,
down noise floors you had better pay attention to everything.

It's unfortunate that the OP seems limited to 3.5mm connections. There are AR
cables (Master Series) that have a separate shield, grounded at the receiving
end, with identical wires (not the shield) carrying the signal. There is also
a ferrite choke. I use these in my system.

http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Resea...+master+series

They used to be fairly cheap, but have gotten pricey again. (Of course, the
price is still rather lower than "audiophile" cables with the same features.)