Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

all the HDs and lowes around here sell PEX. Sharkbite fittings, including Ts, ball valves and adapters make plumbing very easy. Pex can freeze and thaw without damage.

pex flexes around obstacles extremely easily.

I fixed some frozen copper lines replacing them with PEX. got one bathroom and laundry working for a realtive. have more to do perhaps this weekend.

we accidently reveresed the hot and cold lines to the bathroom, just used the sharkbites to fix that. Snap snap all done.

I am going to relocate some lines in a crawlspace, install a vent in the floor to allow some warm air to enter the crawlspace, and insulate some of the crawlspace. We can easily relocate the pex to interior heated space, but theres still a drain trap that freezes in the crawl space. so insulating and heating it might be the better option.