Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

On 1/31/14, 8:38 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Costco is also proof that raising the minimum wage doesn't hurt
business (probably improves it, in fact).

scott

Not to get into a political debate, but, well.... here I go.....

I would argue the opposite. Costco is actually proof that the free
market works.
Costco pays higher than average wages for those positions and that's why
you never know which employee at Costco is the manager. They all act
like they are manager. They are all proactive, hard working, take
charge people who take pride in their work and put customer service at
the top of the priority list.

Costco gets these kind of employees by paying higher than average wage.
Everyone wants those jobs, so Costco gets to skim the cream of the crop
and send the rest to WalMart.

If Costco paid minimum wage, shopping there would be like shopping at
WalMart. A lot of lazy people with poor communication skills and bad
personalities, doing the bare minimum to get by, who act like you're
ruining their day for shopping there. The store would be dirty, the
shelves would be disorganized, it would take 10x as long to get through
their checkout lines, etc, etc.

No one would pay a $50 membership fee to shop at "Bulk-WalMart" and
Costco would've been out of business a long time ago.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--