Demaroge` Demaroge` is offline
Junior Member

I know this is an older post but I found it so I think I will post the 'answer' I was given by the tech who came to check my dryer. (Kenmore Elite also) I don't know if the 'answer' works yet because my Husband has to do some cleaning / altering of the vent/hose.

The technician said, 'There is lint that collects around the two metal bars under the lint trap tray. The lint there indicates that your vent/hose is either clogged, is too long or has too many turns. There should be no lint in the space where the dryer screen tray belongs.'

[FYI regarding vents/hoses: He said a dryer is made to push the hot air 16 feet straight and each curve adds 3-6 ft onto the 16 ft. For example; if your 16 foot dryer vent hose has two curves then your dryer hose would be equivalent to 22 feet at best and 28 feet at worst. Neither of those is good because it is more than the 16 ft a dryer is designed to push the hot air.]

So here is how that all has to do with the dyer beeping.

'The metal bars are the dampness indicators for the dryer cycle. The lint collected there absorbs moisture which tells the metal bars that the clothes are still damp. So, the dryer will ADD time to the cycle because it 'thinks' the clothes are not dry.' (It will beep continuously at random numbers - no explanation on that one - just that the dryer will always think the clothes are dry and the dryer knows that something is wrong.)

I personally have started using the timed cycle only.

My Hubby is to clean out the vent/hose and see if he can make it shorter and/or have less turns. Our washing area is in a very poor spot to get it vented without lots of curves. It also doesn't really fit in the space because the space was made for the older / smaller machines. I hope he can Mc Gyver something!

Don't know if it will stop the craziness but I hope it will. I hope this helps you with your crazy beeping Kenmore Elite Dryer.