Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Frnak McKenney Frnak McKenney is offline

Default Stainless steel, epoxy, and tableware

On Wed, 01 Jan 2014 06:04:27 -0600, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Uffe Bærentsen fired this volley in
:

My cousing said it might be
related to washing the knives in a dishwasher, but only about a
quarter of the knives seem to be affected.

Normally, only about two or three more knives than the population of the
household ever get used. They get used, washed, and put back in the same
place. By habit and position in the keeping place, they're the ones
picked again next time one is needed.

Over and over. Got ten knives and two people at home? I'll bet fewer
than five ever show any signs of wear.

Lloyd

Good thought. I do notice that I use the same two table knives over
and over, pulling them out of the drainer and ignoring the ones in the
drawer.

Frank
--
"A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles
in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs