Rich

Default Replacement plastic drawer slides needed

Can you make them yourself out of wood? or maybe cut up an old plastic
cutting board?

Full extension drawer glides probably wont warp and should open up the
drawer completely. I get them for 9 bucks a pair at the local cabinet supply
house.

Rich

"Timothy Lee" wrote in message
om...
I have a secondhand, 2-drawer, faux-wood/particleboard filing cabinet,
for which I need 2 replacement, plastic drawer slides for the upper
drawer. I've tried Googling using the words "plastic drawer slide"
and "drawer slide", but the results are not what I need. I need
replacement plastic strips, approx. 12-16" long, 3/8" thick, and 5-8"
wide, which can be screwed into the interior walls, on which ride the
drawer that has a matching mortise (not sure if I'm using the right
term -- it is a matching, female groove which fits the plastic piece).

The results I get from Google are either replacement roller
assemblies, which I don't want, or plastic corner pieces -- small
brackets that look like shelf supports. I don't want a roller
assembly, because it might bend and warp, and because most of them
don't seem to allow a drawer to fully open. I only want a couple of
replacement, plastic strips, but can't find them on Google because I
don't seem to be using the right search terms.

What kind of search terms or words should I use to find a seller of
these kinds of pieces? Or could someone make a recommendation?
Thanks.