Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default NYC Gun confiscation starting up.

Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article , Steve W. wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05...ntcmp=trending

--
Steve W.
Wasn't somebody claiming this was total bull**** just a few days ago. LOL.

Yep, Only thing is, It is 100% TRUE.

I did a search on this story, and all I found were reports on right-wing
conspiracy sites quoting other right-wing conspiracy sites.

I also found this report on a police officer's forum:

http://forums.officer.com/t190791/#post3380842

Well, this is settled.

I called our good colleagues at the Rifle & Shotgun Section. They are
well aware of the sh*tstorm this caused all over the web.

This letter was sent to ONE person...for reasons involving his specific
permit. He then changed it a bit to make it look like something it
wasn't, and posted it online.

Done and done.

I think if there really was an ongoing gun confiscation program, we
would have seen some confirmation of this letter by now.

The NYPD must be a "right wing conspiracy site" then

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...2013_05_v9.pdf

Notice this on the second page-

Rifles and shotguns that fit the City or new State definition of an
assault weapon, or have feeding devices that violate the five-round
rule, are illegal and must be immediately surrendered and invoiced.

Or maybe NYC themselves are a "right wing conspiracy"

NYC Administrative code 10-306B paragraph b :

b. No person may possess an ammunition feeding device which is
designed for use in a rifle or shotgun and which is capable of holding
more than five rounds of rifle or shotgun ammunition, unless such person
is exempt from subdivision a of section 10-303.1 pursuant to section
10-305, provided that a dealer in rifles and shotguns may possess such
ammunition feeding devices for the purpose of disposition authorized
pursuant to subdivision a of this section.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/ADC/10/3

--
Steve W.