Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Video showing heavy flour in AA batteries: any way for layman totest NiMH batteries?

WOW is this getting complicated!!!

So you cant just buy a battery and charge it? You have to differentiate between different types of NiMH charger or you will kill the battery? That is AMAZING!

Especially when Costco doesnt even sell chargers for their Eneloops (mine are either light or dark blue with no explanation of what is the difference) and makes no recommendations as to charging. Not to mention, how do I figure out how to charge (for example) a Reyzel without spending a fortune on the tester? Or is it generally OK to trickle charge any battery so long as you dont mind waiting?

So maybe I DO have to buy Panasonic rechargeables to work properly in a Panasonic phone, assuming there aren't fakes out there! Or possibly the trickle charge from the base may well do the trick?

Oh and one other thing, I am not a troll but just checked the charger I am actually using (and dont remember when I accidentally switched) but this one IS a NiCAD!!! So I assume the Eneloops are now dead for all practical purposes. Anyway I can now stop blaming the remote controller.

Can I buy some sort of aa/aaa trickle charger to do the job in future?