Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Video showing heavy flour in AA batteries: any way for layman to test NiMH batteries?

"Amanda Riphnykhazova"

Now I have seen a report that for cordless phones, you should use special
low discharge batteries and that ordinary NiMH ones will just die if left
off the base

There seem to be lots of sellers specifically targeting their sales towards
Panasonic cordless phones. I wonder if there is any difference or if "low
discharge" means anything (in practical terms)?

** None.

Cordless phones are normally left on constant charge.

Low discharge cells ( ie Eneloop) have advantage when the device is left
with no use or charge for months on end.

Like a digital camera or torch often is.

..... Phil