Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Video showing heavy flour in AA batteries: any way for layman totest NiMH batteries?

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:14:32 PM UTC-4, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Assuming this isn't a joke...

I suppose it may well be a joke, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOshOXcSkDA and you decide: It even warns viewers off the seller and says they refused to refund ALL of the money paid.

I don't believe AAA cells can have 2100mAh capacity. So that's a problem.

Yes, that occurred to me as well when I saw the video but there seem to be lots of them on ebay and I wondered what they really were and how to test them if they do work on arrival and aren't completely fake. There IS a major leap of faith between something marked 650MAH and an offer of 2100 MAH

What ever happened to buying OEM batteries?

If there's a battery store near (such as Interstate), try it.

I didnt know that Interstate made AAA batteries but how do they compare in price to the ones from Virginia on ebay? Assuming the ones arent just useless