Wally

Default Shelf life for glue (revisited)

A week ago or so someone posted something about shelf life for glue. I
was surprised to learn that the regular white and yellow PVC glue had
a shelf life of about one year...

I tought when glue was too old, either it makes a film, dries in the
bottle, change color or consistency, etc...

I purchased a bottle when I was a teenager for my first woodworking
project... That bottle got packed up in a box and remained forgotten
for around 20 years... The time I was going through my years in a
small appartment and paying all the more pressing bills...

When I bought my house and started to dig through all those forgotten
stuff, I found my bottle and put it back to use as I started
woodworking again... It's been there for almost 18 years...

Guess what? No difference from the first day I used it. Same strengh,
same open time, same consistency, etc...

Now the inevitable question: Are you kiddin' when you all say one year
shelf life max?

Wally