Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Converting a 200W discharge lamp video projector to LED

On 27/09/2013 18:43, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Could you send me the data sheet, or its URL?
I'd like to take a look.

http://www.promelec.ru/pdf/LCWW51M.pdf

I'm not an expert on this subject (though I do know a little). My gut
reaction
is this...

The color reproduction index is only 80. That's poor. That doesn't mean
that
the LED won't work -- but it will probably need appropriate filtering that
won't be easy to achieve.

The spectral emission (p11) isn't particularly flat -- and definitely not
smooth -- no doubt one of the reasons for the poor CRI.

I don't think you're going to get pleasing results.

Intended use in the main part is for projecting text and graphics so as
long as there is a colour difference, any colour difference almost,
rather than correct colour rendering that is all that is required , a
rare pic with a green flesh tone or something does not really matter too
much